Beach Holiday Camps
Boys & Girls (aged 9 to 17)
All Levels Welcome
Venue: Broom Rd, Recreation Ground, Teddington
Stay active with our RVB school holiday beach camps for boys and girls aged 9-17 with a professional volleyball learning experience from our highly experienced coaches in a fun, safe and relaxed atmosphere. Our Volleyball camps provide beginner to advanced training in passing, hitting, serving, blocking and rules of the game.
In a positive friendly environment, young players will not only gain individual technical skills, physical conditioning and prepare them for beach volleyball tournaments through a lot of fun and challenging drills & games, but will learn the importance of personal commitment and teamwork and will improve communication and focus.
We strongly recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment. Before registering for a 5-day beach camp, make sure your child is comfortable working in the sun and sand for 4-5 hours each day.
Don’t forget to invite a friend and/or sign-up sister/brother.
If you are interested in participating or need more information please send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect
- Safety and welfare of young players are our top priority
- Highly experienced and qualified coaches (DBS checked)
- Players are assessed at the beginning of each camp ensuring athletes are placed in suitable training groups
- Improve volleyball skills through systematic & intricate training
- Develop on-court and off-court leadership
- Individual Player Evaluation at the end of the course
- Daily matches with individual league tables
- RVB Camp prizes and team photo
- Fun, fun, fun!!!
2019 beach Camp Dates
|School Holidays||2019 Dates||Time||Rate||Closing Date||Coach|
|Easter Holidays Week 1||Mon 8th to Fri 12th April
|09:30-16:30||£25 p/d ad hoc / £100 for 5 days||3rd April||Borsjan van Heyst|
|Easter Holidays Week 2||Mon 15th to Thurs 18th April
|09:30-16:30||£25 p/d ad hoc / £80 for 4 days||10th April||Ryan Murphy|
|May Half Term||Tue 28th to Fri 31st May
|09:30-16:30||£25 p/d ad hoc / £80 for 4 days||23rd May||Borsjan van Heyst|
|Summer Holidays Week 1||Mon 29th July to Fri 2nd August
|09:30-16:30||£25 p/d ad hoc / £100 for 5 days||24th July||Giulia Ponti|
|Summer Holidays Week 2||Mon 5th to Fri 9th August||09:30-16:30||£25 p/d ad hoc / £100 for 5 days||31st July||Giulia Ponti|
|9:30 to 10:00||Arrival and Registration|
|10:00 to 12:30||Fundamentals & skills development (passing, setting, hitting, serving and blocking); hand-eye development with the ball; court related movement; footwork & agility;|
|12:30 to 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 to 14:00||Rules of the Game|
|14:00 to 16:00||Volleyball games/tournament (plus match strategies)|
|16:00 to 16:30||Discussions/departure|
Children should arrive at the correct time and must leave/be collected promptly. As beach volleyball is an outdoor sport and it has been known to rain occasionally in London, we have to let you know that all our beach events will run rain or shine – only in exceptional weather circumstances will we not run our events.
what to bring
- Children should wear comfortable sports clothes – shorts, t-shirts (some might prefer to wear long sleeves). It is recommended that you wear light colours to reflect sunlight and keep you cooler.
- Please be sure to put on sunscreen and bring it with you to the beach courts to reapply if necessary
- Throughout the day there will be several breaks, participants will need to bring plenty to drink (non-fizzy) and a packed lunch with snacks (i.e.: energy bars, dry cereal, fruit, etc.).
- You may also need headgear (hat or visor), sunglasses, and a towel. Optional to bring Sand socks (or old white socks) to wear if the sand is too hot.
- Footwear to walk to and from the car park, sport centre toilets and courts.
There will be regular breaks between drills and activities for snacks and water.
Camp registration is accepted on an ongoing basis and is subject to space availability. Enrolment in the camps is on a first-come, first-served basis. Your application is accepted as confirmed once payment has been received. No refunds available on camps fees, only credit notes will be issued on future camps. We reserve the right to cancel a camp if the minimum number of attendees has not been reached. In this case, the full refund (less administration costs) will be issued.