Richmond Volleyball is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount concern. We recommend levels of training dependent on age and ability, and expect our junior & adult athletes to participate within these boundaries.”
To support our Health & Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the club premises and all activities undertaken by the club
- Create a safe environment by putting health & safety measures in place as identified by the assessment
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of training and competition by regularly assessing individual ability dependant on age, maturity and development
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health & safety policy
- Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating procedures are in place and known by all members
- Provide access to adequate first aid facilities, telephone and qualified first aider at all times
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity or whilst on the club premises
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
AS A CLUB MEMBER YOU HAVE A DUTY TO:
- Take reasonable care for your own health & safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or not do
- Co-operate with the club on health & safety issues
- Correctly use all equipment provided by the club
- Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
Back to Policies and Procedures