- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation.
- Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries.
- Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person’s emergency contact/parent/carer.
- Complete an incident/accident report form.
- Kingston Hospital A & E Department, Galsworthy Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7QB. Tele: 020 8546 7711
- North Middlesex University Hospital Trust, Sterling Way, London, N18 1QX. Tele: (020) 8887 2000
Back to Policies and Procedures