Last reviewed 29 March 2022
To ensure the safety of all players, coaches, volunteers, venue staff and the wider community during the COVID-19 pandemic, all participants need to agree to the following code of conduct. Please read this carefully before registering for any club activity. By registering you agree to this code of conduct.
This amendment remains in place until further notice and is in addition and not a replacement to our existing club policies and procedures.
1. Pre-attendance symptom check and testing
- All participants should follow public health advice on when to self-isolate and what to do. They should not participate in club activities if they have symptoms, have had a positive test result or other reasons requiring them to stay at home due to the risk of them passing on COVID-19 (for example, they are required to quarantine)
- All participants must undergo a self-assessment for any COVID-19 symptoms.
- No-one should participate in any club activity if they have
– High temperature
– New, continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more episodes in 24 hours)
– Loss or change to smell and taste (anosmia)
OR have they tested positive through either an asymptomatic Lateral Flow Device test (LFD) or close contact PCR test.
- Should an individual have demonstrated any such symptoms should take a lateral flow test immediately (or as close as possible) before a competition or training session – and to not attend if the result is positive.
- Individuals who have been tested positive for COVID-19 must inform their division manager or their coach without delay.
2. Risk awareness
- All participants are made aware of the increased risk associated with taking part in the club activity.
- All participants must read and agree to the club’s COVID-19 risk assessment.
- All participants must comply with public health restrictions and avoid high-risk behaviour outside of the club setting to reduce the risk to their fellow participants when attending a club activity.
3. Arrival at venues for club activities
- Participants must not congregate at the entrance/exit of venues.
- Participants must sanitise their hands when entering and exiting the venue and where possible in between games/sets.
4. Use of equipment
- Participants must not share any personal equipment such as water bottles, towels, sun cream, sunglasses or other items of clothing.
- Participants must not share any food or drink with other participants.
- Participants must clearly label their water bottles with their name.
- Participants agree to discard any rubbish (including tissues, food waste and empty water bottles) in the bins provided at the venue if available or take it home with them.
- Participants agree to check they take all their personal belongings home with them. To minimise the risk of infection, the club and venue cannot keep hold of lost property and it may be discarded if the owner cannot be easily identified.
- Equipment sharing should be kept to a minimum. Players should not touch equipment they are not using as part of their activity.
- Participants must not shelter in enclosed spaces including gazebos or tents. Participants are advised to bring their own umbrellas, waterproof clothing and waterproof covers to protect themselves and their belongings from rain and sun.
5. During activity
- Participants must not touch, shake or slap hands with other participants.
- Participants should avoid touching their face.
- Participants should keep social distancing where possible during and after the activity, including during team talks and water breaks.
- Participants should refrain from spitting or rinsing out their mouths.
- Participants should cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or their sleeve (not their hands) when they cough or sneeze and should put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash hands afterwards.
6. Adherence to measures
- All participants agree to adhere to all of the measures listed in this document.
- During the activity, the club COVID-19 Officer or coaches may introduce additional measures if they feel it is necessary for the safety of the group. Players agree to follow the instructions given to them by the COVID-19 Officer or coaches.
- Richmond Volleyball reserves the right to amend the code of conduct to comply with a change of guidance from the government, venue provider or Volleyball England
- Failure to comply with these risk-mitigating measures may result in final warnings or in repeated or severe cases of misconduct, removal from the group or activity. No refunds will be offered for participants who are removed due to non-compliance.
- For participants under 18, parents are responsible to make their child aware of all the measures and reinforce the need to adhere to them.