The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All coaches must:
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with performers, based on mutual trust and respect
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part
- Promote the positive aspects of Volleyball e.g. fair play
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the English Volleyball Association and the club
- Hold the appropriate, valid qualifications and insurance cover
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibitive substances
- Encourage performers to value their performance and not just results.
Back to Policies and Procedures