It has been a good beach season for both adults and juniors at RVB beach venue at Broom Road, Teddington Recreational Ground for all levels and ages, creating many opportunities for the community to be involved. We have seen many new players who have never played beach volleyball at the start of the season improve considerably, it is very encouraging to see their development. It’s great to see so many people enjoying beach volleyball!
RVB would like to say a big thank you to all the players, coaches, parents, volunteers & community partners who have been involved with us this year – we can’t do this without you!
At a junior level: RVB has had much success, winning 12 medals at the British Junior Beach Volleyball Championships (4 gold, 3 silver and 5 bronze), and won 3 medals at the inaugural u18 London Youth Games Beach Volleyball (1 Gold Hounslow Boys, 1 Silver Kingston Girls, 1 Bronze Richmond Boys). We also have several junior players competing on the National Junior & Senior Beach Tour gaining national ranking points and ranked in the top three in England.
In terms of integrating beach volleyball into the local community, primary & secondary schools this has also been a tremendous success. Several schools are starting to work closer with RVB in particular Orleans Park, Grey Court, Teddington, Hampton Boys, Tiffin Girls (secondary) St Stephens, St Mary’s, Collis, St John’s the Baptist and St James (primary).
At an adult level: We have run a variety of weekly adult training and social league play opportunities and the numbers have been very steady. For more information click the links below.
* Monday Beginners and Improvers Course
* Tuesday & Thursday Advance Training
* Wednesday Social League
* Saturday – Go Spike Open Session
* Sunday Advance League
New players who wish to participate are still very welcome.
What happens next: Series 3
Series 3 will offer a slightly diluted programme given it’s holiday period, but we will be running a number of end of season tournaments. Please note the following for your diaries:
Beach volleyball sessions Series 3
w/c 27th July to 7th September
• Monday 6.30pm-8.30pm (Improver training – Adults & Juniors)
• Tuesday 6.30pm-8.30pm (Advance training – Adults & Juniors)
• Thursday 6.30pm-8.30pm (Advance training- Adults & Juniors )
• Saturday 11.00am-12.30 (Go Spike – Open Session to All)
• Sunday – 10.30am-3.30pm (Advance League – Adults & Juniors)
End of Season Beach Tournaments
Saturday 5th September
London’s Junior Open Beach Volleyball Championships (Rising Stars). The Rising Stars Finals (2v2) is the penultimate end of season beach volleyball event before school starts for junior male and female players.
* Boys Registration 8.45am finish by 12.30pm
* Boys: Medals for 3 Age Groups: u12, u15, u18
* Girls Registration for 12.45pm finish by 4pm
* Girls: Medals for 3 Age Groups: u12, u15, u18
Main Draw: 12 male teams & 12 female Teams
Cost: £10 per team (£5 p/p)
Prizes: Merchandise prizes
Sunday 6th September
The All Stars (2v2) Finals is the penultimate end of season event for the Sunday Series calendar for advance and intermediate adult & advance junior players
* Format: 2-a-side
* Registration 8.45am finish by 4pm
* Cost: £20 per team (£10 p/p)
* Prizes: Merchandise prizes
Thank you so far for a fantastic Summer 2015 Beach Volleyball season !