- To organise and oversee the club’s junior beach competitions
- To promote internal and external competitions to the club’s junior players and their guardian
Reports to: Beach Division Manager and Club Volunteer Officer
Commitment (April – September): 0.5 – 1 hours per week and minimum 4 full days (tournament weekends)
Remuneration: Voluntary with reasonable expenses. Discounted access to club competitions for the successful candidate(s) themselves or their child depending on commitment.
The responsibilities in this role can be shared with other volunteers.
- Working with the Beach Division Manager to organise the club’s U14 and U18 Junior UK Beach Tour (UKBT) competitions
- Record results on the day of competitions and relay them to UKBT
- Ensure the children’s health and safety on the day of competitions
- Encouraging junior players to take part in Junior UKBT tournaments at Richmond and elsewhere
- Record competition attendance and results of the club’s junior club members
- Develop ideas for new fun, competitive and innovative junior tournament/event formats
- Scope for further responsibilities depending on the successful candidate’s skillset and interests
- Well organised, reliable and enthusiastic about junior development
- Good communication skills especially with children and guardians
- Ability to remain impartial (even when own children are taking part in the competition)
- Successful candidates need to be DBS checked and trained in Safeguarding for Children (can be done online for free if not already in place)
- Current First Aid certificate (can be obtained before the season starts if not already in place)
- Sign and abide by the Richmond Volleyball code of conduct for volunteers
- Basic understanding of Beach Volleyball rules and competition formats
- Basic software skills (Google Sheets)
- Previous experience of working with children in sport
- Previous experience in organising tournaments or events
- Volleyball coaching and/or refereeing qualification
Application Deadline: 31st December 2020
How to apply: Email Martin Rees (Beach Division Manager) at email@example.com with a brief statement on how you can help the club in this role.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.